Friday, November 9, 2007

Thank You....May I have Shoes for 100 Please

I'll start with shoes..... How many freaking shoes do we need? My wife was cleaning out the family shoe closet. I was in horror to see how many shoes we had and why. I made some silly flip man comment on why THEY needed all those shoes anyways. In turn, she took all my shoes placed them in a basket and pretty much told me to keep them, toss them or find a 2nd home for them in my own closet. This should be pretty easy...right...to my surprise it was a difficult process to go through. I suddenly realized I became a whore to the shoe industry. Let me take you through my shoe journey.

First UP.....

Black Leather Dress Shoes - OK...I need them 5 days a week for work. I always wear a black belt with my suit pants. They go in the keep and easy to access pile.

Nike Running Shoe - OK...I use them at the gym (when I go) and for volleyball once a week. Preferred shoe, to go with, when running with the family and kids on a good weather day. They go in the keep and easy to access pile.

Reddish/Brown Casual Dress Shoe - OK...The shoe that goes with a pair of Dockers....kind of the casual night out. Need for the away business trip that is business casual. The shoe of choice when attending Church. Keep in closet but in the second row.

Brown Crocs - Ok...summer is over so these should be put away until spring. I kind of like to use them as easy to slip on and run out to the mailbox, find the dogs outside or need to get something in the car kind of shoe. Total Lazy man shoe...no need to tie. Put them back in shoe closet by front door.

Leather Jesus Sandals - Ok... Summer is over and these need to go away until the summer. These are a must keep because they are so comfortable. Plus, if it’s a hot day they don't make your feet sweat as much as the Croc. Retire them in the closet for spring time.

Replaced Nike Sneaker - OK....Was once a great sneaker but was replaced with a newer model. Has a new role as the lawn shoe. Poor shoe looks all green and brown from laboring on the lawn. I need to keep these around until the snow comes or retire from lawn duty. Put them back in shoe closet by front door.

All White Leather Sneaker - OK.....Need to put these in the trunk of my car....just in case I forget my sneakers for the gym or volleyball. Kind of "On The Road" back up pair. Great, for last minute boating and fishing with the Old Man.

Darth Daddy Nike Sneakers - OK...Gift from Mary and Abby from Christmas. They actually had them made for me on the Nike website. They look like sneakers Superman would wear....same colors. I will use this sneaker for Volleyball if we lose more than 3 games in a row. Kind of my back-up lucky shoe. Put them in my closet in an easily accessible spot.

Brown Timberland like Leather Shoe - OK...I call it the man shoe and the shoe that makes me a little taller. Kind of the go to shoe when wherein jeans and a flannel shirt. I also like to wear them when Mary decides to wear heels. Great all around shoe for bad weather. Put them back in the closet by the front door.

L.L. Bean Hard Sole Slipper - OK...I call these the slippers I can never find when I need them. I do find them usually on Mary's feet or under her side of the bed. I know....hide them in my closet so I use them when winter comes. A majority of my home is tile and hard woods floors and they keep the little piggies warm. It’s been so long I wouldn't know.....but they are mine know....my little precious slippers....precious.

Tan Tevas - OK....These are great to use at the pool, beach or a water park. Keep in my closet for next spring.

L.L. Bean Winter Boots - OK....Winter is around the corner and these are primo for walking in the snow. They also give you the extra traction when you’re hauling the kids back up the hill while sledding.....or de-icing the vehicles....or pushing your car out of the driveway. Such great memories!!!!!! Keep in the front closet

Brown Suede Slip on Shoes - OK....Gift from my brother a few years back. My wife has a matching pair too. I like to wear these when I'm feeling to fat to tie my own shoes. Slip on and off you go. Keep in my closet somewhere.

Wow!!!! You know what is sad. I didn't throw away one pair of shoes, sneakers, or boots. I found away to justify why I need each and every one of them. Now I know how a Sheik feels having all those wife’s

Its official.....I am a girl...or at least starting to act like one. This must be one of those tell tale signs I ran into a couple weeks ago. Is this normal or should I be worried. This is one of those Metro Sexual things. Yes? Maybe I should go shopping more often with my lady friends.....or guy friend that needs help. I'm so heading to the strip club after I finish this.....and not to try on shoes either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David,

When summer rolls back around I some more Jesus sandals for you.

Please take a look, www.JollyKnocker.com or Jolly Knocker Sandal Co.

cheers,
Hardy

The King said...

Glad you still wear those shoes. I knew it was a great gift.