Thursday, November 29, 2007

Out with the Negative in with the Positive

It has been a while since I posted a new piece to read on my blog. I have a number of drafts on various topics but they seem so negative. For some reason I have a fear that I may offend someone. I usually fire up my PC and start writing if I'm stewing or bent about something. To give you an example the last 4 titles I have in draft land....

1) Customer Service & Speaking English for Dummies 10.1

2) Stress Brings Out the Rainman

3) How to Practice Doing Nothing and call it Art

4) Is there a difference Between Dungens & Dragons and Fantasy Football?

I have to dwell on this some more. I may just go the same route as the Cartoon TV Show Family Guy. If you watch this TV show then you know that they pick on everyone, everything, past, present and future.

Today the rest of this post will be about Happy and Positive Things or Just Things.

THE LITTLE THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY

1) A Medium Size #9 Steak and Cheese at D'Angleo Sub Shop with the works....which includes hot peppers and mayo. Just thinking about it makes me so hungry

2) When your out at a local bar and the bart keep buys you a round of beers or shots. Free is Free and More is Better...makes ya feel loved.

3) Since were out drinking....a trip to Taco Bell at 1AM in the morning.

4) When your driving down the highway and someone is riding your bumper in the fast lane when your driving 70 MPH....you move over....they wiz by....then you see them get pull over by the police. Happiness is waving to them while they are parked on the side of the road.

5) Watching my wife put her contacts in first thing in the morning. When you really think about the act itself so doesn't make sense. Think about it....she can't see without her contacts.....so she is pretty much totally blind.... she needs to find away to get a little round clear wet plastic circle onto her finger and into her eye. Why does this make me happy. I totally appreciate not having to do that since I have above average vision. Added bonus...she drops one and needs your help to locate it.

6) When you are eating out and the wait staff packages up your food to go. When you later open the to go container and notice they included the original dip/sauce plate ware or containers. This stuff is great to add to your own casual dining set.

7) Purchasing an item at the store and they totally screwed up and ring the item up at some totally ridiculous low price. Then you quickly walk back to your car....drive away...laughing like a mad scientist all the way home. OK...the laughing is optional but it makes me feel good.

8) You have no money on you but you find a way to purchase a generous meal at McDonald with some of your car change. I don't know what it is but the value menu is the best marketing idea this decade.

9) Channel surfing and landing on one of the movie channels playing the Shawshank Redemption. I have only seen the movie 100 times....but for what ever reason I need watch the whole thing. I have this same issue with Knights Tale, Braveheart & King Authur (one with Clive Owen).

10) Walking into Borders or Barnes and Noble...finding a book/magizine/comic book of interest, read it and then leave. It seems like stealing but they even help me locate what ever item I want to read.

I have so many more....but this is good for now. Thanks for reading....comments alway appreciated.

1 comment:

Cheysu said...

I always had the suspicion that you were laughing at me while I put my contacts in. Now I have proof. :)